Saturday, August 25, 2012

Perfect Peach Pie


It’s been awhile since I made a normal, pastry-with-fruit pie. But I really do like them best of all; they’re so homey, they feel almost wholesome.



The pie was, however, less than perfect (I can feel myself getting all analytical about this). I think it was probably overcooked. This was the first time I tried the bake-from-frozen method with an entire pie, and I think I may have baked it for a little too long to compensate for the frozenness. The crust gave off a noticeably cheesy smell, even for a cream cheese crust, and the filling was quite bland and very watery. Maybe Korean peaches weren’t meant to be baked; they are rather mushy to begin with.



But it looked nice. And appetizing:) I find that it is much easier to please the eye than the tongue. And the friend that I shared it with said that she preferred her pies not too sweet. I’m going to believe that, regardless of its veracity!

No comments:

Post a Comment